Stan Kasten Slams Dodgers Sale Rumors: ‘We’re Not Going Anywhere

The Los Angeles Dodgers are facing rumors of a potential sale, but team president Stan Kasten has slammed the speculation, insisting the team is "not for sale."

After owning the Los Angeles Lakers for less than a year, CEO Mark Walter is reportedly in talks to sell the NBA team to former Disney CEO Bob Iger and American businessman Josh Kushner at a $12.5 billion valuation. Meanwhile, Walter is also said to be in discussions to sell his stake in Chelsea FC. As the principal owner and controlling partner of the Dodgers, Walter's actions have sparked concern among fans and investors alike.

However, Kasten has come out strongly to deny any plans to sell the Dodgers. In a statement to reporters before the team's game at Dodger Stadium on Friday, Aug. 21, Kasten said, "The Dodgers are not being sold. They are not for sale. There's no process that has been started to sell it." The team's front office appears confident in its stance, despite Walter's recent dealings in the sports industry.

The rumors surrounding the Dodgers' potential sale come at a time when Walter is facing scrutiny from regulatory bodies. He is currently under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Attorney's Office for alleged fraud. While the investigation's outcome remains uncertain, Kasten's statement has helped to alleviate some of the concerns among fans.

The Dodgers' ownership group, led by Guggenheim Baseball Management, purchased the team in May 2012. Since then, the team has undergone significant changes, including the appointment of new managers and the construction of a new stadium. Despite the rumors surrounding the team's ownership, Kasten's statement has helped to maintain stability among the fan base.

The Dodgers are set to face the San Francisco Giants in a crucial series starting on Tuesday, Aug. 25. As the team looks to secure a playoff spot, the rumors surrounding the team's ownership have been pushed to the backburner. However, the issue is unlikely to be fully resolved until Walter's investigation is complete.


Source: Yahoo Sports